I found this “Do-re-meme” at Clio Bluestocking Tales who found it at New Kid on the Hallway:
1. My uncle played ball for the Texas Rangers many moons ago.
2. Never in my life have I been so happy as when my babies were born.
3. When I was five I liked to stand on the edge of the Scarborough Bluffs.
4. High school was the worst of times and the best of times and next week, I’m having lunch with a high school friend, forty years later.
5. I will never forget the colour of my little brother’s hair.
6. Once I met Pierre Elliot Trudeau.
7. There’s this boy I know who says he flies on a magic carpet.
8. Once, at a bar, my girlfriend and I introduced ourselves as Desdemona and Ophelia – and no one knew what that was about.
9. By noon, I am sometimes up and about.
10. Last night I didn’t get any sleep at all.
11. If only I had believed in myself just a little.
12. Next time I go to church will be when one of my few remaining elderly relatives dies.
13. What worries me most is the effect of gamma rays on man in the moon marigolds.
14. When I turn my head left I see a painting by Magritte.
15. When I turn my head right I see a Tiffany lamp.
16. You know I’m lying if I’m losing sleep.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is raising my sons.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be Rosalind.
19. By this time next year I’ll be a grandmother.
20. A better name for me would be polymorphous.
21. I have a hard time understanding anything with a number in it.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll kiss my ass.
23. You know I like you if I talk to you more than once.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be my incredibly inspiring sons.
25. Take my advice, never neglect dental hygiene.
26. My ideal breakfast is mmm, bacon, eggs and whole wheat toast.
27. A song I love but do not have is Moon River.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you bring your walking shoes and a cork screw.
29. Why won’t people stay in their own lanes.
30. If you spend a night at my house I’ll hire a chef..
31. I’d stop my wedding for anything at all.
32. The world could do without George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, John McCain, Stephen Harper, Howard Stern, Pete and Chris Hitchens, Maureen Dowd, Margaret Wente, Bill O’Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Dr. Phil, Rabbi Schmuly Boteach, Jerry Springer, Wolf Blitzer, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, rapists, murderers and all scumbags everywhere.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than (eew) sleep with a cobra.
34. My favorite blonde is my niece Tori.
35. Paper clips are more useful than egg cups.
36. If I do anything well it’s procrastinate.
37. I can’t help but wish I was sixteen years younger.
38. I usually cry whenever I have to say goodbye.
39. My advice to my nephew/niece is do it.
40. And by the way, you’re all invited to do this and link here. That means you Julie.
If you don’t have a blog, do this in the comments section please – I’d like to get to know you. And if I already know you, I’m still interested in your answers. This means you Rick.
HA! HA! HA! HA! That took me by surprise. How did you know I was here? Well…Duh…I’m always here, so I guess that would make sense. Okay, I’ll do it!
You have some great answers. Standing on the edge of the Scarborough bluffs sounds wild, especially for a little girl. And I LOVE telling people you and your friend were Desdemona and Ophelia. I think I’ll steal that one…hee hee.
My mother still tells the story of watching me hang over the bluffs. She sneaked up behind me, grabbed me from the edge and chased me up the road home, spanking my butt every time she got near me. Couldn’t stop me though. I have a hankering for “the edges of things”.
Can’t wait to see yours. Love getting to know you.
I can just picture that. It must have terrified your mom. I know what you mean about edges. My whole life seems to be on the edge. Ha!
I love getting to know you, too. I’ll be offline for a few days as of tomorrow to work on a project, but I’ll be back to read, read, read your site! Just wanted to say “see you in a few.” Take care.